[Qgis-developer] Raster colours

jjg j.j.green at gmx.fr
Wed Aug 1 05:12:31 PDT 2012

Paolo Cavallini wrote

> even more interesting! would you be willing to submit a patch/pull
> request for main qgis?

I'm afraid I couldn't commit to that at the moment as I have so much else to
do, but here is an outline: Assume that $user is a user's local data
repostory
(~/.qgis on unix or whatever)

- have a file $user/cpt-city.urls containing a list of location of the
cpt-city pkg/ directory
- have a file $user/cpt-city.version containing the installed $version1
- periodically (in the background on program startup, or via user cronjob)
  - read the first url, $url1, from the urls file
  - try to fetch $url1/package.xml
  - if sucessful
       extract the $url2 from package.xml, if it is different to $url1, push
it into  $user/cpt-city.urls
       extract the $version2 from package.xml
       if $version2 > $version1
          download and install $url2/cpt-city-svg-$version2.zip
          update $user/cpt-city.version with $version2
    else try with the next url from the urls file, ...

Here the idea is that if/when the site moves, I can inform users via the
package.xml
file without intervention.

The package is updated irregularly (when contributions arrive), but
typically once
a month.