[Qgis-developer] GSoC

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 11:28:11 PDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> As we are quickly approaching the end of GSoC, I would be grateful if
> mentors could let us know what are the expected outcome. It would be
> good if the work could be merged before the end, so that serious bugs or
> conflicts could be solved before having the student leaving for real
> holidays.

Hi Paolo

Arun's work on symbology is going well and should be ready for a merge
to master branch soon. You can expect various improvements in
management of the style (grouping, tagging), better scalability
(symbols are stored in sqlite database rather than xml), unified
symbol selector with symbol properties dialog, downloading of styles
from internet and more :-)

Martin