[Qgis-developer] SEXTANTE and core plugins

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 09:06:34 PDT 2012

Hi all,

since SEXTANTE will be a part of QGIS core soon (see [0] and [1]) so I want to
raise a new discussion related to it.

As all you know, currently SEXTANTE contains many providers. Some of them
partially duplicates existing core functionality of QGIS. First of all
I mean fTools
and GDALTools. I know, that currently only few "algorithms" from GDALTools are
moved to SEXTANTE and a bit more from fTools.

What are we going to do with this? Move all this algorithms to SEXTANTE and
remove separate plugins or keep both versions alongside? IMHO, we should
avoid duplication as this will confuse users and require some additional efforts
for maintenance.

[0] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2012-August/021431.html
[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2012-August/021515.html

--