[Qgis-developer] New adv labeling freeze-thaw tools

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 19:38:44 PDT 2012

Hi Larry,

On Aug 6, 2012, at 1:28 PM, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com> wrote:

> * Improve Change Label dialog:
> - Temporarily add (colored) PAL solution x, y, rot info to specific

If I understand you correctly on this improvement idea, a hearty +1 from me.

My read on this is that layers without x, y, and rotation fields will store frozen label information and allow them to be placed despite lacking those fields. Ideally, upon committing the changes (i.e., taking the layer out of editing mode), a prompt to save the information and assign to existing or create the appropriate fields would be given to the user.

Is this right, or am I day-dreaming? My test last week on a handy layer did not allow me to move labels because I did not have said fields identified or available.

Cheers,
John