[Qgis-developer] color ramp manager

jjg j.j.green at gmx.fr
Tue Aug 7 10:56:20 PDT 2012

Etienne Tourigny-3 wrote

> I was thinking of an interface to make zip files from selection lists.
> The plugin would probably be suited for that, because it's not really
> part of the core and it's much easier to write this sort of thing in
> python. Ideally, we should have a point-n-click interface for
> generating these selections, but I think it would be too costly to
> implement. So a manual solution would probably be easiest on the
> short-term. Unless we feel it's necessary to have users make their own
> selections (by selecting favourites), and use that.
>
> Perhaps a first step would be using the cpt-city selections which can
> be distributed and generate a list from that.

I dont think you need to make a selection "topo and free", just make
a selection "topo", and apply it to to the set of free files, ignoring those
not present.  This is quite generic, it can be used on the GUI, for
generating zipfiles, whatever.

Selections should select only one thing, then different selections can
be combined to suit.  "dark" + "spectral" = "dark spectral" ...

> Do people feel that the existing cpt-city "selection" would be
> sufficient, or are there too many?

If there are any others that could be useful for QGIS please
send me a list of file paths ..

> 3) testing the rendering of the gradients (I have a solution that
> compares the preview to the png's on the cpt-city website)

Does the GUI render SVG?  I ask because the cptutils svgx program
can add a preview to an svg gradient file (so it becomes "self
documenting"), so saving the bother of a extra png file or whatever.

I considered adding these previews to the SVG gradients on the
cpt-city site, but with 6K files every byte in the file is 6KB on the site