[Qgis-developer] Map canvas flickers

Kuhn Matthias, Vermessung Matthias.Kuhn at Stadt-Uster.ch
Wed Aug 8 01:36:26 PDT 2012

> >I'll disable this option and remove it from the dialog on any other
> >than
> >Q_WS_X11 or do you think this can be useful for Mac as well?
>
> Disabling is fine for Mac as well (Qt::WA_PaintOnScreen has
> no effect on Mac).

I was more thinking about incremental drawing.
At the moment processEvents is not called inside the vector renderer on Mac, so on this platform neither keytrokes (esc) nor incremental rendering is possible as far as I can see. If there is a good reason to leave it this way, I would hide the incremental drawing option for mac completely as I'm working on this code anyway.

--
Matthias Kuhn