[Qgis-developer] FW: Diagram improvements

Kuhn Matthias, Vermessung Matthias.Kuhn at Stadt-Uster.ch
Fri Aug 10 02:30:43 PDT 2012

Hi Andreas

At the moment I plan to implement as follows:

Default: Scale area
              => The user can define: a value v for an attribute a that will generate a diagram of diameter d
                 A feature with v' = v/2 will generate a diagram with (d')^2 = (d)^2 / 2

Option: Scale diameter
              => where v' = v/2 will generate a diagram with d' = d/2

I think Marco was referring to my idea for the default version: to let the value v denote the area rather than the diameter. So d = sqrt(v/pi).

--
Matthias Kuhn