[Qgis-developer] Conference "The Graphical Web 2012"

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sat Aug 11 08:00:49 PDT 2012

Hello,

Sorry for posting this slightly off-topic mail - but since this is also
about open and open source graphics, it may be of interest to you:

>From Sep 11 to 14, the conference "The Graphical Web & SVG Open 2012"
takes place in Zurich, Switzerland. It is at the same time the 10th and
last SVG Open conference and the first edition of a new series called
"The Graphical Web". Conference attendees are: web developers and
content creators, developers of web browsers, developers of web graphic
frameworks and libraries, developers of web graphic authoring tools,
academia. Representatives of the W3C, WhatWG and the Khronos group
(WebGL) will present at the conference. This is your chance to get into
direct personal contact with them.

Topics are all open and interactive web graphic standards, graphic
frameworks and libraries and their applications: SVG, CSS, Canvas,
WebGL, HTML5 audio/video, d3.js, highcharts, OpenLayers/GeoExt,
three.js, dojo.gfx and more. All standards created and maintained by
W3C, the WhatWG and the Khronos group. We do not include proprietary
formats and frameworks like Silverlight, Adobe Flash or Java.

Next to keynotes, presentations and panel discussions we also offer the
following half-day workshops:

* OpenLayers/GeoExt
* WebGL/Three.js
* d3.js
* Raphaël 2D-vector graphic library for all browsers
* Inkscape
* Animation (CSS/SVG)
* highcharts - charting library
* Adobe Edge

The early bird registration deadline is until August 13 (upcoming
Monday). Pricing will switch on August 14.

You can find all information and the registration at:
http://www.graphicalweb.org/ - the conference language is english.

We are looking forward to meet some of you in Zurich!

Best regards,
Andreas Neumann
Member of the Graphical Web 2012 organizing team