[Qgis-developer] Minimal Qt version

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 01:17:24 PDT 2012

Hi devs

right now our minimal required Qt version is 4.4 which is now more
than four years old. The merge of Arun's GSoC code breaks
compatibility with Qt < 4.7. The issue can be fixed easily, though it
made me wonder whether it is not a good time to raise the minimal Qt
version for QGIS to at least Qt 4.7 which has been released about two
years ago. This would also enable us to use more recent additions like
animation and state machine frameworks or Qt Quick.

Thoughts?

Regards
Martin