[Qgis-developer] cmake reversions

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Aug 15 06:50:43 PDT 2012

OK, it's been a while since I looked at the cmake docs, when I did the cmake cleanup way back when.  PUBLIC_HEADER is sort-of a platform-specific property for OS X frameworks, and probably appears as Copying OS X content on other platforms.

Still, maybe this is a cmake cosmetic bug that we shouldn't be working around?

On Aug 15, 2012, at 8:37 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> My brain is forgetting things.  OS X properties is adding the "Copying OS X content" messages, even though there is no OS X content on other platforms.
>
> What about the PUBLIC_HEADER?
>
> On Aug 15, 2012, at 8:29 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> Jürgen,
>>
>> I'd just like to understand your recent reversions to my cmake changes from many months ago that were verified to work on all platforms at the time.
>>
>> PUBLIC_HEADER is supposed to install headers without the need for a separate INSTALL command.
>>
>> Platform-specific target properties are meaningless and should be ignored on other platforms, so there is no neeed to wrap them in an IF() block for the platform.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

The equator is so long, it could encircle the earth completely once.