[Qgis-developer] Minimal Qt version

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Aug 15 13:50:38 PDT 2012

Il 15/08/2012 10:17, Martin Dobias ha scritto:
> than four years old. The merge of Arun's GSoC code breaks
> compatibility with Qt < 4.7. The issue can be fixed easily, though it
> made me wonder whether it is not a good time to raise the minimal Qt
> version for QGIS to at least Qt 4.7 which has been released about two
> years ago. This would also enable us to use more recent additions like
> animation and state machine frameworks or Qt Quick.
Hi Martin,
thanks for raising the issue. I think the situation is different for the
server and for the client: it is quite acceptable to me that a desktop
app with a very fast pace of development requires recent libs. For the
server, it is preferable to have less stringent requirements, as it will
be more likely to have people that need to install it on older or less
supported distro (see e.g. the recent case with RH).
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu