[Qgis-developer] Python support in project file

Giuseppe Sucameli sucameli at faunalia.it
Tue Aug 21 03:57:19 PDT 2012

Hi Nathan,

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:
>  - There seems to be a margin around the map canvas now. That wasn't
> there before.

ok, I see it now :)

>  - If there are no marcos in the project file I wouldn't show the warning bar.

When the checkbox is unchecked it doesn't show the warning bar,
I'll also check if the textbox is empty.

>  - Might be good to have a "more info" hyperlink so that people can
> understand what it really means

A link to the help page, sure it's a good thing.

>  - Would be nice if we can to have a Enable Always button with a drop
> down menu with "Always for all projects" and "Always for just this
> project" (don't have it popup a dialog asking if they are sure just
> save it they can always change it after)

Even if I don't like the enable always option as it might cause
security issues, I thought to put just one checkbox in the setting
dialog to make macros always enabled.

I don't imagine how to make the "always enable macros
for just this project" option working.
Projects don't have a identifier like layers and I guess the path is
not a good choice because the project file could be replaced
and the user could easily be wrong.

What do you think?

>  - Might need to make the icon have a transparent icon background :)

The icon is the one used for the message logger (displayed
bottom-right when in Debug mode), of course that white
background has to be removed. We also need a icon for
the close button (x) and icons for the other 2 levels of
messages, i.e. critical and information.

Opinions are welcome!
Regards.