[Qgis-developer] Large raster (ecw) identify very long

haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Wed Aug 22 06:25:09 PDT 2012

Even Rouault wrote

> Selon Radim Blazek <radim.blazek@>:
>
> Regis,
>
> what are the dimensions (in pixels) of your big ECW ?

My ecw is 1 080 000 * 1 090 000 pixels (IGN orthophotos for 28 French
departement.. 1/4 of France surface)
but I have also problem with scan25 and scan 100 that are smaller. (from 92
Go to 8 Go). This is really faster than a vrt with ten's of tiles.. except
for single pixel queries.

Radim,
I'll try to to check if tiles are present, but I don't think so. We
compressed it with ERmapper without tile option.

I'm afraid I'm not yet able to test patches since I never compiled QGIS and
don't really have machines, skills and time to do that. I really have to set
up a dev machine. I could eventually send you a big ecw ? (10 Go on ftp)
Do I understand that it might be possible to solve directly the problem,
without having to add workaround options on project propertis as I
suggested?

Thanks guys,
Régis
Thoughts?