[Qgis-developer] R scripts for raster layers in External Apps of the Sextante Toolbox plugin

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Aug 27 07:12:42 PDT 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Werner Macho <werner.macho at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Agustin Lobo <alobolistas at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I've tried the R script in scripts/Raster histogram
>> and do not get any plot, just get what can be seen here
>> (after trying multiple alternatives):
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3180464/RSextante.jpeg

 I think the subprocess.Popen call in RUtils is at fault. The
"command" is a list, but I think shell=True causes it to be sent to
the shell as a command line. If you concatenate (join) the command
list with spaces into a single string, this works:

 proc = subprocess.Popen(" ".join(command), shell=True,
stdout=subprocess.PIPE,
stdin=subprocess.PIPE,stderr=subprocess.STDOUT,
                                universal_newlines=True)

line 62 of RUtils.py in the sextante plugin.

Barry