[Qgis-developer] Startup error after successfully building QGIS

sukesh laghate sukesh.laghate at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 04:08:46 PST 2012

After successfully building QGIS 1.8 "Lisboa" on Windows 7 in 32 bit mode
by following the instructions mentioned
here<http://www.qgis.org/api/INSTALL.html#toc14> I
am able to start QGIS, however I get the following startup error message:

Couldn't load PyQt4. Python support will be disabled.

Traceback (most recent call last): File "", line 1, in ImportError: DLL
load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

Python version: 2.7.2 (default, Jun 12 2011, 15:08:59) [MSC v.1500 32 bit
(Intel)]

QGIS version: 1.8.0-Lisboa 'Lisboa', exported

After this message the Python console and other python related plugins are
not loaded.

I have installed the latest PyQt installer of PyQt4.9.5 from
riverbanks<http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/pyqt/download>

My system details

OS: windows 7 64 bit

Build tools:

   1. MS Visual Studio 2010
   2. C-Make 2.8.8
   3. Python2.7
   4. PyQt4.9.5 with SIP
   5. OSGeo4W with GRASS and all dependency libs

further investigation lead me to believe that there might be a mismatch of
PyQt 4.9.5 that I installed and the one downloaded by OSGeo4W (PyQt4.8).
However, I do not know how to make the cmake look for pyQt4.9.5 instead of
PyQt4.8

I would highly appreciate any pointers and detailed help in solving this
issue.

With regards

Sukesh