[Qgis-developer] WPS server

rldhont rldhont at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 00:37:59 PST 2012

Hi Martin,

I think we need both :
* QgsExpression for simple Process on Geometry and simple parameters
* SEXTANTE for complexe Process on Raster, Vector Layer, multiple Layer, etc

After some tests on WFS-Transaction, I need a way to validate my
geometry before updating or adding feature. In this case SEXTANTE will
be too big, QgsExpression is exactly what I need no more no less. I do
not need to Process layer.

For SEXTANTE, Vincent Picavet give the good solution :
/* Making sextante totally independant of qgis GUI, to be able to run
sextante processes in batch in command line mode//
//This will open the door to use Sextante as a real WPS processes
generator, //
//with features not unlike an ETL (or ELT)./

René-Luc D'Hont
3Liz