[Qgis-developer] [gdal-dev] EPSG 8.0 Upgrade

Jeremy Palmer JPalmer at linz.govt.nz
Tue Dec 11 11:34:12 PST 2012

Hi Frank,

Yes it would be great if grid shifts are supported in proj.4 by default, but for more importantly for us within Qgis. Currently I see QGIS builds it's CRS database using crssync which relies on GDAL OSRExportToProj4 for creating proj.4 strings. Does that mean that the gdal CSV files also need to support the grid shift? Before I raise any tickets it would be good to know where to actually fix the problem.

nzgd2kgrid0005.grd is the transformation between NZGD1949 and NZGD2000, not WGS84 and NZGD2000. See more information here http://www.linz.govt.nz/geodetic/software-downloads#distortiongrid. nzgd2kgrid0005.grd is created from the ASCII file which can be downloaded here http://www.linz.govt.nz/sites/default/files/geodetic/software-downloads/nzgd2kgrid9911.zip

Cheers,
Jeremy