[Qgis-developer] Are there any Join tools in Sextante?

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 23:42:02 PST 2012

I think this should be one of the priorities. SAGA works fine in Linux
and Windows (in windows it is portable, needs no install at all), but
I think Mac is a problem. In my experience, calling it is much more
stable than calling GRASS (there are less things to take care of, no
mapsets to create, etc...), it is really powerful, and it is just
around 10MB.

Having SAGA instaled transparently (with the alternative organization
of algorithms, SAGA algorithm can be shown as "native" ones, no need
to mention where they come from), will make SEXTANTE for QGIS a really
powerful option out-of the box. Considering that GRASS is already
installed with QGIS by default, those two apps will be probably more
than enough for most cases.

Anyway, a truly native join algorithm is clearly a good idea, and the
more native algorithms we have, the more examples that other people
can use to create their own ones, so many thanks for your proposal,
Anita!

Regards

Victor