[Qgis-developer] Multiband grey in master?

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 07:49:11 PST 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 2:23 PM, haubourg
<regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
> regarding to recent modifications in raster styling [0], I was wondering if
> multiband grey is possible in QGIS.
>
> I usually have topo maps in RGB. It is very handy to switch them to
> grayscale styling so that vector overlays are well highlighted. I currently
> didn't find how to do this. I can only have grayscale for one band. The
> result is not good since red , green or blue band signals are really not
> supporting the right info. This is existing in Mapinfo and other softs
> seamlessly.
> Did I miss something?

Currently that is not possible, AFAIK. I am not sure where it should
go. It may be also useful for color data sources (WMS). In theory it
is possible to add a new filter implementing raster interface and plug
it into the pipe after renderer, but it seems to be overkill too me.
So probably just a new options for multiband color and color data
renderers should be implemented.

Radim