[Qgis-developer] The Xmas bug report

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Tue Dec 25 07:10:10 PST 2012

Hi all,

There are 30 blockers (regressions)

http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues?query_id=23

A few of them need confirmation and others do have a patch to be
committed, but the rest is confirmed,

In the next weeks/months of testing I would like to have the
permission to tag as blockers also the new features that are not
working as expected (so are not strictly regressions): I would like to
minimize the risk to ship new, broken, features.

There are 39 tickets tagged "causes crash or data corruption"

http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues?query_id=27

but 6 of them belong also to the "blockers" list.

As before, probably a few of them can be closed as already fixed or
invalid, but most of them are good.

There are 40 tickets with a patch attached

http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues?query_id=32

3 of them belong to the "blockers" list and 4 of them belongs to the
"causes crash or data corruption" list.

While a few patches in the bug tracker seem outdated, there are a lot
that are pretty recent and deserving a look from the devs as they
potentially fix many papercuts and also serious issues.

Regarding the switch from old labelling/symbology to the new engines,
there are still a few unresolved issues, as usual the (detailed)
resume of what is missing is here

http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Switching_from_Old_to_New_Symbology_and_Labeling

cheers

-- Giovanni --