[Qgis-developer] Criticism of lack of symbols in QGIS

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Feb 3 22:18:35 EST 2012

On 02/03/2012 07:08 PM, Gary Sherman wrote:
> Here is an article regarding perceived shortcomings in QGIS:
>
> http://egis3.lacounty.gov/eGIS/tag/qgis/
>
> -gary

The good news I think we've identified that particular issue and have at
least started down the road to solving. See the osgeo graphics email
list. Iconography is somewhere even non coders can easily help.

FYI, I +others converted over 100 icons from pdf/font to svg in a 2 hour
sprint a few months back. We should add something to pull them into QGIS
source for inclusion. Only hold up was that I couldn't get the svg fill
stuff worked out.

http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/graphics/trunk/map-icons/

Thanks,
Alex