[Qgis-developer] Criticism of lack of symbols in QGIS

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Feb 5 06:54:29 EST 2012

Il 05/02/2012 11:05, MORREALE Jean Roc ha scritto:
> Hi, at the moment I don't think it woulb be wise to include that much symbols without
> changing the way they are presented to user. They have to be sorted in categories and
> never loaded all at once.

Agreed; this has been discussed several times, I think there is a ticket opened on it.
I think we should:
- divide the symbols into categories
- avoid re-rendering the preview (very slow for hundreds of symbols), possibly caching it
- add a plugin, similar to the plugin installer, to download (better also upload)
sets of symbols from a common repo.
It should not be a lot of work, any taker? Any sponsor?
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu