[Qgis-developer] a search plugin

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 02:49:52 EST 2012

Hi all,

I just published a plugin to perform searches in a layer.

I know that for many of you this plugin is just a waste of time since
there is already the SQL advanced search.

I did this plugin for end-users who have pretty much no idea about SQL.
With this plugin, you select a layer, and you can add constraints to
your search using usual vocabulary and also the aliases instead of the
field names.

The unique values are listed in an editable combo box for each search item.

You can also save your search to run it later again.

See also the menu to define settings.

Please feel free to comment, and suggest improvements.

http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/qsearch/

Btw, I cannot fetch plugin repo 1 in qgis today...

Cheers,

Denis