[Qgis-developer] Dxf2Shp converter plugin

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Feb 14 08:06:01 EST 2012

 Hi,

 Until QGIS offers a way to select the geometry type (POINT, LINE,
 POLYGON) I would like to keep the dxf2shp plugin. Currently QGIS only
 picks the geometry type that OGR reports first, correct? This can be at
 random. There is no way to control which geometries are loaded
 currently.

 Andreas

 On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:32:48 +0100,  wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:04:54 +0200, Alexander Bruy wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> most functions of Dxf2Shp Converter plugin now in core. QGIS opens
>> *.dxf
>> file using OGR provider and can save them to shapefile or other OGR
>> supported format from layer context menu. Converting lines to
>> polygons
>> and polygons to lines possible with fTools, same with extracting
>> nodes.
>> Maybe we can drop this plugin?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> This plugin is deprecated in regard of the functions of the ogr's
> driver but its ui offers some useful features not available with the
> standard tool such geom's choice

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)