[Qgis-developer] Configuring PyCharm

Vincent Picavet vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Thu Feb 16 05:15:39 EST 2012

Hi,

> I've been trying to configure PyCharm to remotely debug Quantum GIS
> plugins. Can anyone help me on how to do it? I tried to do this:
> http://blog.jetbrains.com/pycharm/2010/12/python-remote-debug-with-pycharm/
> but no luck.
Can't help you on this.

> Also, what are the best practices on how to deploy/test a new plugin? The
> biggest problem I've seem is that my project (that it's located elsewhere)
> needs to be transfered to .qgis/plugins to work. How can I circumvent this
> need? Or should I build a "pre build" script?

I sent pull requests to the plugin builder github repository to integrate new
makefile rules, including deploy and upload to official plugin repository.
This and the plugin reloader plugin lets you test a new plugin version with a
few keystrokes (make deploy, switch to qgis, F5).
You can find it at :

https://github.com/vpicavet/Qgis-Plugin-
Builder/commit/20b46c00740c06d6f2840f534b5d8eb92f0112ec

https://github.com/vpicavet/Qgis-Plugin-Builder/

Hope that helps,
Vincent