[Qgis-developer] Mac OS Build Architecture Setting?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Feb 16 23:15:03 EST 2012

On Feb 16, 2012, at 7:32 PM, Charlie Sharpsteen wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Dan Dittmann <qgis at dandittmann.org> wrote:
> I have been attempting to build theversion 1.9 of QGIS for Mac OS 10.7.3 and have been unable to complete the compile.
>
> I suspect the problem likely is an architecture setting which I am overlooking. Based on the errors pasted below, is it an architecture setting or something else? The output from cmake appears to imply everything is ok dependency wise. The log from cmake is at the bottom.
>

> I am attempting the build with a mix of William Kyngesburye's libraries and MacPorts Libraries. Below I have included what I am using for cmake and the build.
>
> ..snip..
>
> Linking CXX shared module ../../../PlugIns/qgis/libogrprovider.so
>  "_OGR_L_SetIgnoredFields", referenced from:
>      QgsOgrProvider::setRelevantFields(bool, QList<int> const&)in qgsogrprovider.cpp.o
>  "_OGR_L_DeleteField", referenced from:
>      QgsOgrProvider::deleteAttributes(QSet<int> const&)in qgsogrprovider.cpp.o
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [PlugIns/qgis/libogrprovider.so] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [src/providers/ogr/CMakeFiles/ogrprovider.dir/all] Error 2
>
> ..snip..
>
> The _OGR_L_* symbols are part of libgdal. Looks like you have a 32-bit version of GDAL running around that is getting in the way of the build.

Maybe.  But if so, then qgis_core would have failed also, since that links GDAL also and is compiled first.

One thing to try is a simple "make".  Sometimes the parallel compilation can get ahead of itself (maybe some dependency isn't properly waited for?) and you get errors.

Also, to see all the gory details of the compilation (may help figure out if some other GDAL is linking), add this to the cmake configuration:

-D CMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=true

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin