[Qgis-developer] Re: How to Use Qgis API to Collapse or Expand a Layer?

KSJ ksj74208 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 17 12:51:03 EST 2012

Thank you, Salvatore Larosa.
        I read the link you give, it looks like build a PyQGIS applications
( Without QGIS Application ).
        Although I just want to build a Qgis plugin using python ( Within
QGIS Application ),
    I learn "the legend" ( like qgis.utils.iface.legendInterface() ) is a
kind of  QTreeWidget.
    It can process layers ( eg. QTreeWidgetItem or QgsLegendModel ??).
    But I still not found using API to collapse/expand a layer or get legend
object.
        I Think If I can get QGIS application's legend object,
    I can use the QTreeWidget's method collapseItem/expandItem to get what I
want (Maybe...).

I will try my best and thank you again.

           KSJ