[Qgis-developer] Transaction in WFS Plugin

Sunil Padda sunilkp at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Feb 20 22:08:57 EST 2012

Hi,

We are exposing some spatial data using GeoServer WFS. This data is
being rendered and edited using QGIS. We ran a small packet-capture test
to see how are transactions handled. The observations were as below:

  * 4 separate requests were sent to WFS server
  * The 4 requests have no common handle/identifier to signal they are
    part of the same transaction
  * The requests are for:
      o Update Attributes for all features where attributes were changed
      o Insert new features
      o Update geometry for all features where geometry were changed
      o Delete features
  * WFS specification for Transaction operation supports combination of
    Update, Insert and Delete as part of a single request

Are our inferences correct? If so, can the WFS plugin be customized to
send all changes in a single Transaction request?

Thanks,
Sunil