[Qgis-developer] Plugin development and Qt Designer on Mac OS X 10.7

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Tue Feb 21 21:22:37 EST 2012

Hi,

Just recently upgraded my QGIS python plugin development environment
on my Macs to Lion (10.7.3) and found that Designer.app, installed via
the Qt 4.8.0 open source libraries dmg, segfaults on launch (all
Macs). I reported the bug [1], which also includes a workaround to get
it to launch, for now, if you aren't using the Phonon designer plugin.
Seems Phonon has several other problems on Lion.

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography
Black Hills, South Dakota