[Qgis-developer] Problem loading ECW file type in code examples while ECW support is enabled!

forum account omgforum2012 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 10:52:06 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm new to QGIS. I was able to compile GDAL 1.8.1 with ecw support on
ubuntu, then I built QGIS from source and now I'm able to load ECW file
types.
To create my own gis application I started looking into code examples
available at https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/trunk/code_examples/
I tried 1_hello_world_qgis_style and it worked fine for SHP file types.
Then I tried 4_adding_rasters_to_canvas and built it from source in
QtCreator.
I'm able to load TIFF and DEM file types but I can't load ECW file types. I
traced QGIS source code but I couldn't find any special difference between
QGIS and the example code. Should I add some extra code to the example
project to enable ECW support?!
I really appreciate your help in advance.

PS: I'm sending this email to both user and developer mailing list, so I'm
sorry if you receive this email more than once.

-Sam