[Qgis-developer] OS X 1.7.4... bomb

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Feb 25 10:24:29 EST 2012

So I finally packaged QGIS 1.7.4 (I was waiting on a GRASS 6.4.2 problem, but that may take a while).  And...

WARNING #1: serious Qt packaging bug

Nokia screwed up compiling their "official" binaries.  Everything BUT QtWebKit works on OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).  QtWebKit appears to use a OS X 10.7-only system function.  This breaks QGIS help and some plugins on OS X 10.6.

It's possible it's not really Nokia's fault.  I'll have to compile Qt myself and package a new QGIS, but there is a bug in Apple's SDK mechanism that could be the problem.

WARNING #2: delete existing plugins before running QGIS 1.7.4.  If you can do it before installing QGIS, disable them in the old QGIS, then update and re-enable them one at a time after upgrading QGIS.  If you have already installed 1.7.4, you need to manually delete them from ~/.qgis/python/plugins.

I've had a report of plugins directly using a specific GDAL version like 1.8 (I don't know how this is possible), which will crash QGIS 1.7.4 which uses GDAL 1.9.  There also appears to be a problem with PyQwt so the profile plugin will crash QGIS.

Sorry for the breakage.  I'll try to fix things as quickly as I can.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy