[Qgis-developer] Libeay32 dll version conflict

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Feb 29 09:28:39 EST 2012

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, 29. Feb 2012 at 14:08:22 +0100, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Every once in a while I get a dll version conflict when starting QGIS.  Seems
> like Windows has a newer version of libeay32.dll in  \winnt\system32 whereas
> OSGeo4W has a different (older?) version in  C:\Programme\OSGeo4W\bin

The DLL doesn't belong to Windows, but to some other software that also uses
OpenSSL and put the DLL there.

> Anybody knows why there is this version conflict? The system wide
> libeay32.dll - does it have priority over the one in OSGeo4W? Or is  there
> some setting I can use?

Unfortunately the system32 directory has priority and is processed before PATH
is searched (see also [1]).  AFAIK the only way is to (re)move the DLL from
system32 or to put the OSGeo4W version into each osgeo4w directory where
executables that load it are.

Jürgen

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/35

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden