[Qgis-developer] User plugins bug reports server unavailable?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Jan 6 13:54:48 EST 2012

On 2012-01-06 15:27, Mayeul Kauffmann wrote:
> Hi,
> I just tried to report a few bugs on a user plugin but could not:
> Clicking "new issue" goes to:
> http://hub.qgis.org/projects/qgis-user-plugins/issues/new
> which says:
> "No tracker is associated to this project. Please check the Project
> settings."
> while:
> http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues/new
> works.

Hi Mayeul,

qgis-user-plugins is an 'umbrella-project' for plugins:
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/qgis-user-plugins
Eg I have two plugins hanging under that project: xytools and simplesvg:
which both have trackers:
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/xytools/issues/new
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/simplesvg/issues/new

For which plugin do you want to issue bugs? Because, from adding my
plugins, I know that you have to tick a certain tickbox to have a
tracker and git with your plugin.
Maybe the plugin you want to issue for does not have a tracker? Maybe
contact the author/owner of the plugin?

I think that the umbrella does not have that and that you have to issue
you plugin issues to the individual plugin that your bug is for...

It is maybe possible to add a tracker to the umbrella-project also, but
I do not know what the consensus is for that. I do prefer to have one
tracker per plugin: because the actual plugin maintainer is the first
person to be responsible for it.

But maybe other think different?

Richard