[Qgis-developer] Re: [Quantum-GIS] Heatmap C++ Plugin (#82)

aruntheguy at gmail.com aruntheguy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 00:02:29 EST 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 11:14 PM, MORREALE Jean Roc
<jr.morreale at enoreth.net>wrote:

> Le 08/01/2012 08:25, Paolo Cavallini a écrit :
>
> Of course it will be preferrable to generalize the output, alowing the
>> user to choose the preferred format. This would be useful also for
>> existing plugins.
>>

> Marco H. had a patch to set a default file format/compression :
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/**3436 <http://hub.qgis.org/issues/3436>

I went through the Raster calculator  code, the multiple format support it
provides is through the GDALWarper. I think a generic QgsFileWriter or
QgsGDALFileWriter instead of (or along with) QgsGridFileWriter in the QGIS
API would be a great feature, so that plugins like the interpolator,
heatmap..etc can benefit and support multiple output formats instead of the
grid file alone.

Arunmozhi
Twitter: @tecoholic
Website: http://arunmozhi.in