[Qgis-developer] WCS-T server

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Mon Jan 9 10:44:37 EST 2012

Hi John

Does the WCS-T service need functionality from the QGIS API (raster
layer, raster provider, ...)? If not, it could also be an option to
build the WCS service directly on top of the GDAL library.

QGIS (wms) server could certainly serve as an inspiration on how to
implement other geospatial web services on top of the QGIS API.
Code-wise, I don't think the WCS server can use many parts of the wms
server. It would probably go into its own executable (qgis_wcs.fcgi or
similar), be linked to qgis_core and use functions from libfcgi for
communication with the webserver.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Sourcepole -  Linux&  Open Source Solutions