[Qgis-developer] Benchmarking QgsExpression against V8

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jan 10 02:39:45 EST 2012

Il 10/01/2012 04:05, Alister Hood ha scritto:

> I think the language for expressions should be considered carefully.  It
> can have a fairly big impact on user experience, particularly for people
> who aren't programmers.

Agreed, ease of use is more important than sheer performance. However, I do not find
the V8 syntax particularly obscure, at least in the examples Pirmin sent us.
In any case, this could be solved with a proper interface, wizard-style (anything
ready for V8?).
Thanks Pirmin.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia