[Qgis-developer] Benchmarking QgsExpression against V8

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Jan 10 03:48:29 EST 2012

Hi Pirmin,

On Tue, 10. Jan 2012 at 01:00:11 +0100, Pirmin Kalberer wrote:
> Following the recent enhancements of QGsExpression, I was wondering whether it
> wouldn't make sense to integrate a language intepreter instead of creating
> another language.
> One candidate would be Google's V8 JavaScript engine
> (http://code.google.com/p/v8/). Since embedding this C++ library is easy, I've
> conducted a few quick benchmarks against QgsExpression. Code is attached.

Doesn't Qt's WebKit already contain a javascript interpreter?  Do we need
another one?

But I'd prefer something SQL like, that resembles what we use for PostGIS and
OGR query/subset strings.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden