[Qgis-developer] QGis logging and SDE

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Fri Jan 13 14:57:11 EST 2012

Hi

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Flavio Pompermaier <fla83tn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi to all,
> I'm new to QGis and I'm trying to access SDE layers. I've successfully
> created a database connection towards my SDE and
> on add vectorial layer I'm able to see all layer contained in my
> database. When I load a layer I see it for a few seconds but then it
> disappear.
>
> Is there any log file where I can see what happens? Unfortunately I'm
> using Windows so when I launch qgis.exe from console it doesn't stay
> in foreground...

How are you connecting to SDE? Via ogr? I know some Australians have
been talking about building a native SDE driver for QGIS, though I
dont know how far it is.

I'm not sure if there is any easy way to capture the debugging info
under windows other than setting up the build environment and running
it under the debugger (its not that hard to do and is documented well
but may be more effort than you are willing to put in).

Regards

Tim

> Best regards,
> Flavio