[Qgis-developer] Let's simplify the plugin situation

Maxim Dubinin sim at gis-lab.info
Sat Jan 14 17:00:11 EST 2012

We've been asked why don't we move our plugins to official repo. The
reason  is  that  autopackaging is unavailable. We maintain 16 plugins
and it will be a pain to switch to manual. If someone doesn't like the
idea   for  some  reason,  it  would  make  sense to add on/off switch
for autopackaging in official repo.

Localizations    of   the   descriptions   are  also  something  we're
concerned  about  and  it is unfortunate  that  right  now  we  cannot
provide our users localized descriptions of the plugins.

Maxim