[Qgis-developer] Any way to change default colors for vector features?

Bob English bobengl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 13:41:07 EST 2012

Hi All,

As mentioned in this forum before, I'm developing a PyQGIS desktop app.  I'm
using API 1.71 and the V2 renderer.
see(https://github.com/EcoGIS/CAPS-Scenario-Builder)

For a couple of reasons, my client doesn't like some of the colors that QGIS
uses by default when loading vector layers.  Is there any method to change
the list of default colors?

I see setColors() : QgsVectorColorBrewerColorRampV2 in the documentation.
Any chance that the default colors are taken from this?

If not, I can do it by setting default colors in my app, but this requires a
bit of work to record layers that the user has set colors on, either in a
project file or in the current session.

Thanks,
Bob

-----