[Qgis-developer] mismatch between mapCanvas size vs. mapRenderer size

SBL Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Thu Jan 19 05:33:29 EST 2012

Hi

When exporting a map from canvas (through the composer) to a tif with a
world file I recognised a mismatch between mapCanvas size vs. mapRenderer
size (canvas is 2 to 4 pixels larger). But they have an indentical
geographical extent.
The effect is, that with the tfw file (which I am writing out as described
here:
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/7fqJyR/mikeongis.wordpress.com/2011/08/25/map-design-with-qgis
http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/7fqJyR/mikeongis.wordpress.com/2011/08/25/map-design-with-qgis
), the tif is a little bit displaced with regards to the original map. (By
the way: the same happens in ArcGIS...)
Any ideas/suggestions how to export a tif and a precise tfw (or a geotif)?

Cheers
Stefan