[Qgis-developer] Postgis provider, add and modify linestring

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 05:46:31 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>wrote:

> Hi Denis and others,
>

> On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 11:16:57 +0100, Denis Rouzaud wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> 1. Insertion of linestrings finishing by right click.
>> I am not very confident with current behavior. Would you agree on
>> adding an option to ask if right click should also add a node or just
>> finish the operation ?
>>

> sounds like an idea - could go into the digitizing options. Maybe you can
> ask Marco to implement this. Then people can fight about what should be the
> default ;-) I can understand that the current behavior that right-click
> adds an additional node can confuse newcomers.

My only concern with this is it will then be inconstant across users e.g
makes it hard to write training manuals when you have to say "you can do it
this way, or if someone has changed it you can do it this way", it might
not be so bad for something like this but I think we should decided on
somethings and just stick to them.  Giving users heaps of options to tweak
can sometimes make a system harder to use, sometimes the less options the
better.

IMO the way it works currently is good however if we were to ever add right
click context menus to the drawing tools (like Arc or CAD based systems)
then I think this behavior might not be ideal.

- Nathan