[Qgis-developer] Rule-based renderer updates

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 08:51:21 EST 2012

Hi Martin,

Just a quick answer to thank you warmly for these improvements. I am
working on OpenStreetMap data to print maps, and I think these changes will
help me a lot.
I have to compile master branch to test it, but will try to do it quickly,
and then I would be able to report.

About your last questions, here are my first answers :
- cloning of rules

Very good idea,  It will help a lot

- filtering of rules in GUI - by label / filter expression / scale

not a priority for me, since the tree should improve user experience. And
you would have to dynamically change the tree, which could lead to weird
behaviours ? Such as showing only some child nodes

- "else" rule - will be used only if no other sibling rule matches

no comment here, since I do not use it often

- checkable rules?

This would be very helpfull to dynamically test the rules

- better item delegates for inline editing - e.g. filter editor with
"..." button to open query builder

no comment either

Another thing I find hard to play with in the current 1.7 versions is the
need to click again and again to change rule priority : click the rule,
then click the array (increase or decrease), then reclick the rule (which
location has changed), then reclick "increase", etc. I think.
This is why I think the drag and drop (and multi-selection) you implemented
would be very handy !

Thanks again

Michael