[Qgis-developer] Log messages window start button

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 09:23:46 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 9:05 PM, Maxim Dubinin <sim at gis-lab.info> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Great work on log messages stuff in trunk.
>
> But, are  we  sure  that  we want bright exclamation mark always visible in
> main   QGIS  window confusing users (did something happen?) and eating
> up  precious  space. Moreover this great tool is not really related to
> everyday  work  with  QGIS  which  is  GIS? Too much exposure for such
> button.
>
> May be move it to help where link to API docs are?

Hi

I really appreciate the log window - thanks Juergen - it is something
we have been missing for a while. It is a great place to put some
notifications and/or warnings that would otherwise disturb the user.
Regarding the exclamation mark - I would prefer not to have the icon
in status bar all the time. Maybe a good solution would be to
show/hide the log from a menu (by default). Just in case a new warning
(not just a notification) is issued, the exclamation mark would show
up to signal that something went wrong. After opening the log the
exclamation icon would be hidden again.

Regards
Martin