[Qgis-developer] Raster calc syntax

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Thu Jan 26 05:43:31 EST 2012

Hi Nathan

 >One question, how needed is the Min X, Max Y etc stuff.  Currently it
takes up a lot of room and clutters (IMO) the interface.  I was thinking
we might be able to hide it in an >advanced section if it is only
used rarely.

IMO, you could move those element into an advanced section. It is
important to have the possibility to set the output resolution, but not
a setting you need fast access to.

Regards,
Marco

On 26.01.2012 01:15, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
> Hey Paolo,
>
> I stated working on adding the expression builder widget last night,
> didn't get very far as I had to do some other things.
>
> One question, how needed is the Min X, Max Y etc stuff.  Currently it
> takes up a lot of room and clutters (IMO) the interface.  I was
> thinking we might be able to hide it in an advanced section if it is
> only used rarely.
>
> - Nathan
>
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 4:13 AM, Paolo Cavallini
> <cavallini at faunalia.it <mailto:cavallini at faunalia.it>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all.
>     How about simplifying the syntax of raster calc? If even Tim can
>     get wrong:
>     http://linfiniti.com/2012/01/simple-binary-raster-reclassification-in-qgis/
>     this means that the average user will be in trouble.
>     Am I wrong?
>     Of course, using the expression widget now used for field calc and
>     for labelling
>     would probably solve the issue.
>     All the best.
>     --
>     Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
>     www.faunalia.eu <http://www.faunalia.eu>
>     Full contact details at www.faunalia.eu/pc <http://www.faunalia.eu/pc>

Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Sourcepole -  Linux&  Open Source Solutions
Churerstrasse 22, CH-8808 Pfäffikon SZ, Switzerland