[Qgis-developer] QGIS Server Build Notes for Mac OS X

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Thu Jan 26 13:43:01 EST 2012

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply.

> (With apologies for top posting). These are great notes - if you can
> provide me with a patch / pull request against

OK. I'll fork and edit the osx.t2t file on github. I have several
other notes to add for your review.

No apology needed for the 'top posting' since I didn't know what it
meant! Learn something new every day. I hadn't spent much time on
Usenet, so wasn't familiar with that etiquette.

> I would be happy to include your notes into the mainstream docs for
> others to enjoy.

Thanks. I'll try to match the good quality of the existing documentation.

I gather you are an occasional Mac user. If so,can you confirm the
issue I am having with QGIS Server not returning output for GetMap
requests in the image/jpg format? PNG output works fine for me. I'm
using QT 4.7.4 (non-SDK) and PyQT 4.9 on Snow Leopard. Same issue
regardless of QGIS branch built.

I also knocked together a nightly build script for local automated app
builds of the master branch[1]. (Note, I'm not gifted at writing shell
scripts.) Do you think there would be any interest in uploading those
builds to a public space for other Mac users/potential devs? I can
automate the builds and uploading, like to my Ubuntu server or S3
bucket. The builds work, though they are not as tested or as
feature-packed as Mr. Kyngesburye's offerings (no gpsbabel, etc.). I'm
trying my hand at designing an extensive Export to WebClient python
plugin and always want to locally be working with the latest master
branch.

[1] https://gist.github.com/1684071

Best regards,

Larry Shaffer