[Qgis-developer] CRS and bookmarks #3243

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sun Jan 29 06:46:10 EST 2012

Hi Richard,

On Sun, 29. Jan 2012 at 10:35:11 +0100, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> I see that the 'little' bookmark dialog has been removed in favour of
> the bookmark list. Although I did like the little dialog, I think
> removing unnessary gui stuff is good.

The little dialog was still using sqlite3, while the dialog switched to QtSql.

I originally had removed "New bookmark" completely, but later I thought that it
might be very useful.  So newBookmark() in the list was a compromise - you
could well restore the old behaviour.

> - I see that it is possible to edit the bookmark_id and that you can use
> both characters as numbers in it? Choosing an id which already excists
> just silently fails..

> I'm not sure if that 'id' is an internal one, or who is enforcing the
> unicity of the id. But should we not just remove that column? The user
> already has an editable name AND project to make it recongnizable for
> him/her?

Only with QGISDEBUG - but you're right.

> - the last column in th bookmarkslist shows you 'SRID' of the bookmark
> coordinates while for example in the projection selector we show the
> 'Authority ID'.
> Personnaly I feel more comfortable with the Authority ID's, and I think
> the SRID should be a technical/internal ID (but maybe other people feel
> the other way around?).
> So I would be in favour of showing the Authority ID instead of the SRID

Ok, with me.   If you add item delegates you should also add some for the
coordinates. By default Qt creates spinboxes with two decimals - useless for
lat/lon.

BTW now that the CRS is considered by the dialog, it must be shown.
Otherwise it might zoom to some spot in an unexpected CRS without
a chance to see why.

> - double clicking a row in the list let you zoom to that bookmark
> (preffered, see discussion in http://hub.qgis.org/issues/3243).
> But at this moment it ALSO puts you in edit mode after the zoom..
> I think it would be better to stop that event, so the user is not
> changing coordinates or names by accident?

Ok.

> - Now that is a grid, I think we could maybe put a filter above it (for
> users with long bookmark lists, or to be able to sort on CRS or
> Projectname?

Ok.

> What is the opinion of other users/devs?
> If agreed, I can make it a feature request, or even implement this
> myself I think...

Feel free... :)

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden