[Qgis-developer] Rule-based renderer updates

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 08:52:42 EST 2012

Hi Richard

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde
<rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:

>> Btw. Richard has provided a patch in a pull request for that, it
>> might be possible to backport it to 1.7 and 1.8
>

> Martin's rework is in master now, I tried and I think in the new gui my
> patch is not neccesary anymore there (untill further use) ...
>
> Will the rework also be in 1.8? I mean should I remove the pull request?
>
> Or should I put some time into to backporting it to 1.7 and/or 1.8.
> How am I supposed to do that? Make a 1.7 and a 1.8 pull request?

I am not sure whether the rework should go into 1.8 or not. If 1.8
will not be released soon (let's say in about a month or two) then it
would make sense to backport it there. Otherwise it would be better to
keep it just in master to avoid releasing it in beta state.

Anyway your patch could be backported at least to 1.7 - I think you
can leave it open and we will try to backport it.

Martin