[Qgis-developer] [PROPOSAL] From srs.db to file-based CRS storage

Alister Hood Alister.Hood at synergine.com
Tue Jan 31 23:58:24 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm on master as always ;)
I had assumed the others who were talking about bookmarks and things are also familiar with the new dialog, but I could be wrong.

> And has a 'recently used' list, containing your 8 last used crs's
>
> Does that not for fill your wishes?

Not really - any time you need to work with a few unusual crses, your "favourite" crses will drop off the list.

Personally I don't really have a problem because I only have a couple of favourite crses and I can find them very quickly with the filter.  But not everyone is like me.

A couple of others have mentioned the idea of bookmarks - I was just suggesting a convenient way (pinnable recent items) to implement them without making the user interface more complicated than it needs to be.

Of course, for that suggestion to work well when people use a lot of crses it would also require either:
- the list length to be configurable (or at least more than 8 items), and/or
- the list to show 8 items (or whatever) + however many favourites they define.

Regards,
Alister