[Qgis-developer] Announce: TauDEM plugin for QGIS

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jul 3 00:20:07 PDT 2012

Il 02/07/2012 22:26, mlt ha scritto:
> Paolo:
>
>> It has a number of strange dependencies, though
>
> That is odd. All dependencies (but mpich2 with mpiexec) are picked up by
> dh_shlibdeps automatically and according to build log [1] those don't look
> bad.
>
> Depends: mpich2, libc6 (>= 2.4), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libmpich2-3,
> libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0)

do you have on your machine the packages I mentioned?

> Meanwhile I'd suggest to rebuild package from the source one using apt-src
> [2] or something [3]. I'll see later what might be wrong.

have you contacted debian-gis for the possible inclusion of the package upstream?

> While I agree that it is nice to have a help, nevertheless PDF on official
> web site [3] is quite helpful. IRC there is no documentation available in a
> format suitable for conversion. So one has to write at least a brief usage
> which probably won't be soon :-)

Please ask Victor Olaya and Camilo Polymeris: they dealt with similar problems for
other backends, and can come out with a clever solution (e.g. parsing the original
help pages and adding to the plugin).
Of course, even better if the changes could be pushed upstream, and help TauDEM devs
to produce proper help pages. This has been successful for SAGA.

Thanks a lot.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu